Saturday, December 16, 2006

Fozzle Tov

News Flash:
Collin Pittier just won a million dollars. He intends to spend his money on a lifetime supply of those moist little muffins he had at work last week and on one new pair of shoes. If he has any money left over, the Associated Press reports, he'll give it all to his friend Dennis Mersmann so he can continue to write poetry, be a deskie, and make Collin laugh.

---------------------------------------------------------

Here I am, a little ashamed b/c I've not sent my dad's x-mas present yet... and he's not going to get it for a long while... probably like 3 or 4 weeks (he's in Kuwait right now). I feel bad, and I hope he forgives me... I'm sure he will, I just feel bad about the situation.

I went to a preschool's Christmas play tonight... really a blast. All the little kids were awesome. The event started off with each little kid coming in to the room representing a different country of the world. My favorite was the little German kid... I told Lizzie about it afterwards and she told me that his name is Colin Friend. I have a natural gravitation towards kids with my name i guess. Anyway, he was dressed up in classic German attire... I don't know what the outfit is called, but he was cute with his blonde hair and overalls. I don't necessarily want kids of my own right now or anything, but it dawned on me the incredible responsibility and joy it must be to raise a child. I remember back in 5th grade my class went down to the kindergarten class and was assigned a kid to show around the library... part of some program to have kids help other kids. I was only in 5th grade, but it was great to have responsibility of my boy - Evan -- also small with blonde hair (and I think Evan was my alternate name if my sister had been a boy). Kids, out of nature, have to rely on their parents. And parents have to invest in their children, or else the kids get even more messed than normal. On some level, I guess that appeals to me out of my desire to be needed by someone... you know, that natural high you get from helping someone out, or filling a need someone asks you to fill. Bottom line: kids are a blast to watch and enjoy.

What is life but a chance to pass along blessings to others, ease the burdens of others, and enjoy the company of others? Merry Christmas.

No comments: