Sunday, December 10, 2006

The East Side

I want to talk about 'moving on up / to the east side' but all I can really think about is the impact of the Lord's prayer on my life. I've been praying it almost every day, and trying to think of it during work. What amazing words, and what an amazing God... and I know He hears.

Prayer is not some action I do as a christian... not anymore.

I've been thinking about the way Dallas Willard translates the opening line of the Lord's prayer:

"Father, always near."

What a powerful address! Not, "Father way up in the clouds." or "Father way up in some heaven.". Rather, "Father of the heavens", including right here where you and I reside. The traditional translation of this address is "Our Father who art in heaven." Of course my view of God is changing, but my older view of God took that traditional address and pictured God far away. And along with that, I viewed my requests to God as items to be dropped in a postal bin and received by God in a few days. And beyond that, I thought that my prayers would be 'answered' only if it was already part of God's original plan... so my prayer was necessary to prove that I did believe God was up there, but not relavant to what would transpire in the heavens (here, there, everywhere). 'Father, always near." gives me the original intention of the traditional translation, "Our Father who art in heaven."

When I pray to God, he is aware of it just as a parent is aware of a request from a child. He hears me. As I speak or write or concentrate, He hears me. 'Father, always near' addresses our God appropriatly. It has been one of the most humbling phrases I've involved in my life in a while.

I have been promoted at work. Now, when you address me, please call me 'Collin 'on dubs' Pittier' b/c I be rollin' in the dub room. I have responsiblity and an opprotunity to use my brain to problem solve, multitask, and orgainze... and what I'm putting all this energy towards is editing. What I do plays a vital role in editors at my company being able to edit. I feel so much more a part of what happens at Flyer. Stress can be high, but I enjoy it... knowing that my work has meaning.

Have a wonderful December. I look forward to seeing my friends and family here in a little less than two weeks! My ears and eyes are always open.

Much Love
-Collin

No comments: