Saturday, September 02, 2006

Generals

Ok, so things are really moving now. I'm back in KS for a while, then off to the great unknown known as Los Angeles. Some good news is already coming in: Josh has an internship at Scott Free productions which will give him some great experience to list on his resume, plus some great people to impress. I have an interview with Whitehouse on Sept. 12, and I'm looking forward to that. I guess interview may be jumping the gun b/c it may be more of an informational meeting. Either way, I'll get to meet people and hopefully they like me.

As I think more about what's going on... like what I'm really doing right now, the more I realize that I need to be focused on what it is exactly I want to do. I can't just take some job anywhere b/c that's not going to help me in the long run, necessarily. What if I take a job at a company that edits American Idol, but what I actually want to do is edit feature films... then I may just be stuck editing something I have never wanted to do. While that wouldn't be the end of the world, it wouldn't be using what I feel is my passion.

I hope I can do some more research and figure out exactly where I want to work and the pathway I need to take to get there... maybe a lot of that is God and His direction, and maybe I have to seek to be able to find, knock to have the door opened etc... (not in a salvation sense, but a desire sense.)

On a major side note, I did get a rough cut of Birth Control done, and it's awesome.. except for the audio problems... all minor in nature -- it's just that there's lots of minor problems. Josh and I screened it at Chicago Filmmakers last Saturday and had a blast with Katie and Dan and the rest of the cast/crew. I had much fun displaying all their hard work to them.

Peace out!
-Collin

No comments: