Thursday, March 22, 2007

the assistant editor

My prize is getting to assistant editor:

Right now there aren't any opportunities to get there... but that is what I want.
Felix told me that the AEs on shows he's worked on make $200/day (or $60 more than I make right now). I'm sure pay is comparable in films.

But it's not just the money...

It's the chance to move up, take the next step, and learn more about editing. It's about me being ready to take the next level of responsibility.

As I look at this ambition, I want to start setting goals: Let's lay it out.

I'd like to be an assistant editor by: Jan 1, 2008.
1st Preference: TV or Film
2nd Preference: Commercial House (Whitehouse for example)
3rd Preference: Stay at Flyer
4th Preference: In-house dub room at Studio
5th Preference: Another larger trailer house

Anyhoo... there it is. I may start sending out my resume to places like Whitehouse again this summer. This is helpful to motivate me along the way... especially during those tough days.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk. Hello Elite 8 against my newtown bros UCLA. My heart is not in question, btw. I'm madly in love with KU. No doubt.

-C

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think your goals are great...just what you need. Funny you should mention your "prize", because that's what we talked about in church this morning! The main message about "prizes" was that they make you look at the future and not dwell in the past. Perfect.